Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bocadillo

I was introduced to Bar Cesar years ago, when I first moved to San Francisco. Located in Berkeley's famous district, dubbed the Gourmet Ghetto, Bar Cesar did not always garner rave reviews vis-a-vis its next door neighbor Chez Panisse, although for me it always made the cut. Just for their selection of Bocadillos I would make the trip to Berkeley from the city, until one day tired was i from the frequency of my visits, I finally had the bright idea of replicating my favorite sandwhiches in the comfort of my own home. And so as Baby Bee looks on I make bocadillos for myself. Here's one of them replicas.

Spicy Tuna and Egg Bocadillo

For the Tuna:
1 can yellow fin tuna, liquid drained
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp capers
salt
chili flakes
pepper
squeeze of meyer lemon

Mix all ingredients together.

To assemble:

Use a kind of bread thats both crunchy and soft such as sweet baguette or dutch crunch.
Warm the bread until the inside gets soft
Spread a generous layer of French aioli
Add mix greens, slices of hard boiled egg, and top with the tuna

2 comments:

Dolores said...

I'm so glad I found your post. We had a late night dinner at the Piedmont Avenue location that included the spicy tuna and egg bocadillo, and I'm thrilled at the prospect of reproducing it at home.

Gourmet Bee said...

Thank You for your post Dolores! I hope that your bocadillo turns out well. Let me know how it goes, and I'd be happy to learn your version as well. Bon Apetite!