Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Super Duper Chocolate Cake

I've searched all my life for the best ever chocolate cake. I always think I've found "the one" but every year or so I always find something that's better. So from all of those better cakes, I've combined my own version to make the best. And what can I say? It's just super. Duper.


For the cake:
1/4 c Dutch processed cocoa powder
1/2 c 70% cacao pure melted chocolate
1 c milk warmed
1 c lowfat buttermilk
1/2 c European style unslated butter
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tbsp good vanilla
2 c flour
2 tbsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350%
Combine dry ingredients
In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
Mix at low speed until smooth
Do not overbeat
Bake whole cake for about 35-40 mins.

For the icing:
3/4 c cocoa powder
1 1/2 c evaporated milk
1 1/4 c condensed milk
1/4 c butter
1/2 c water
1/2 c sugar

In a large saucepan, outside of heat, dissolve cocoa and sugar in water. Add milk.
On medium heat, mix until thick. (about 30-45 mins)
Finish off with the butter to glaze.

While still warm, pour icing over the cake.


No comments: