Thursday, May 29, 2008

Secret Japanese Beef

On a recent trip to Hong Kong, my brother took Mr. Bee and I to a hole in the wall Japanese restaurant where only those who know the secret handshake are allowed to dine in there. Lucky for us, my non-Japanese speaking brother knows a whole lot about  the Japanese sign language for great beef! Since then I've prepared this dish a ton of times, but only when Baby bee gives me the secret handshake.

2 pounds rib eye sukiyaki cut
3 tbsps. butter
salt
pepper
onions slices as rings

Fry onions in butter, set aside but still in pan. Fry meat until it changes color. Season with salt and pepper when cooking. Serve on top of steamed Japanese rice. Konichiwa!



1 comment:

Kate Coe said...

This sounds good, but one little thing--the phrase is "hole in the wall". But you knew that.