Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You Shrimp!

It was one of them nights that I did not feel like a Gourmetbee in the kitchen. I was tired and lazy and wanted so badly to cuddle up to a new book that I had just bought. The book was entitled Aroma by Aftel and Patterson, which talked about how the senses play a large part in our culinary adventures. Nuff said, after reading the introduction, I was up and about on my feet excited at the prospect of whipping up something that smells as good as it tastes. And my solution? Gambas al Ajillo!

Gambas al Ajillo and More

24- 30 pcs. medium sized shrimp
olive oil
8 cloves garlic
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili flakes

Sautee garlic and onions in olive oil. Once onions are transparent, add shrimp, cooking just until it changes color. It is important not to overcook. Add salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes.

Serve on a sizzling platter as tapas or atop really fine pasta.

No comments: