Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Magic Fusilli

Growing up I remember Grandma Bee whipping up some Magic Food when she wanted me to eat a hearty meal instead of just picking on my plate. I never really figured out what it was made of but, it worked wonders in making me wipe my plate clean and asking for more. Many years later, I find myself making my own version of magic food for Baby Bee. Here is one example. I call it Magic Fusilli.

Fusilli with Tuna and Sweet Corn

500 pack fusilli
1 can tuna, drained
1 c sweet corn kernels
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili flakes
olive oil


Cook fusilli until al dente. Drain and splash cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.

Sautee garlic, onion in olive oil. Once onion is transparent, add tuna. Sautee until slightly brown, add corn and cooked fusilli. Falvor with salt, pepper, oregano and chili flakes. Add green beans or peas if desired. Cook until all ingredients and flavors are well absorbed by the fusilli. Eat with a side of garden salad.


No comments: